Merluza a la Vasca (Hake Fish to the Basque) is a typical Spanish recipe from the Basque region, one of the most celebrated Spanish regions for gastronomy. Served at Casa De Tapas (Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club), this traditional fish dish is made using Hake fish which is regularly caught in the North of Spain.
- 180g Hake Fish
60ml Fish broth
20ml White wine
30g Green Peas
30g White asparagus (canned)
1 Boiled egg
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Season Hake fish with salt & pepper. Pass it through flour until completely covered.
- Cook it in a sealed hot pan with olive oil. Make sure that the skin part is facing the pan. Cook about 2 minutes each side.
- Add chopped garlic and pour wine to the pan. Let the wine lose all the alcohol and pour the fish broth into the pan.
- Add boiled and open clams to the Hake. Let the sauce reduce and add rest of items (boiled eggs, green peas, asparagus).
- Check if salt and pepper is needed. Let it cook for a while. Add chopped fresh parsley. Serve.