This salad can be prepared ahead of time and brought to room temperature before serving.
- 2-1/2 cups shelled fresh green peas
1 small shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
1 small leek, cleaned, white part only, thinly sliced
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup shredded fresh mint leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Pour the peas into the water and cook for no more than 2 minutes.
- Drain and immediately plunge the peas into a bowl of ice water. Drain and pat dry with a towel.
- Purée 1/2 cup of the peas with the juice of a lemon, zest and olive oil in a blender until smooth.
- Place the peas, shallot, leek and mint in a medium, nonreactive bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Pour the pea purée over the salad and gently toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss gently until the vegetables are coated.
- Vegetables, Salads