- 1/2 cup beer, like Tecate
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 fresh jalapeño (or 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices), minced
1 16-ounce can refried beans
1 10-ounce can Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 16-ounce package Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 green onion, sliced, for garnish
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, combine beer, cumin, dried oregano, garlic, and jalapeño. Bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Add beans and Ro-tel; stir until heated through.
- Add Velveeta cheese; stir until cheese melts, about 5 to 8 minutes. If the dip is too thick, thin with a little beer.
- Stir in cilantro. Transfer to bowl. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
- Appetizers, Dips
- Serves 8 to 10