- 4 (8-ounce) cans Pillsbury Original Crescents
1 jar Nutella, warm
1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Open 1 pack of Crescents and form into dough ball. On a sheet of wax paper sprinkled with flour, roll dough out to a round circle. The dough should be about 1/8-inch thick. Using a 10-inch round dish or cake tin as a guide, outline and mark the dough. Then, using a spatula, spread 1/3 of a jar of Nutella evenly onto the dough, staying within the 10-inch round marked area.
- Repeat this process on a floured surface before placing the layer on top of the original layer. Repeat until you have 3 Nutella-frosted layers. On floured surface, roll fourth pack of Crescents into 10-inch round marked circle, and place on top of Nutella-frosted layers. Using the same 10-inch round dish or cake tin as a guide, use a sharp knife to cut all 4 layers into a 10-inch round circle. Discard or save excess dough.
- Next, place a mug or mason jar in center of circle. Use a sharp knife to cut the layered dough into quarters, leaving the center intact. Then, divide each quarter into 4 equal parts, creating 16 equal parts or petals. To braid the dough, take 2 petals and twist them in the opposite direction of each other, creating 2 ribbons of Nutella on each petal. Tuck edge of petals under themselves, pinching the seams. Repeat this process on all 16 petals. Carefully transfer to a baking sheet.
- Brush dough with egg white, and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, rotate pan, cover bread with aluminum foil, and lower oven temperature to 300ºF and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until dough is cooked through and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 14-16 servings
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds