This Oat and Quinoa Porridge With Dates recipe from Vida Downtown is guaranteed to keep you fuller longer.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
1 cup milk
1 cup almond milk
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp butter
12 seeded dates
2 tbsp agave syrup
2 tbsp low-fat Greek yoghurt (optional)
2 tbsp roasted sliced almonds
- For the quinoa, thoroughly wash one cup of raw quinoa and put in a pot. Add 2 cups of warm water to the quinoa. Bring the quinoa up to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Cover and let cook for 10-12 minutes. Make sure liquid is all evaporated. Let stand for 3 minutes with cover on. With a fork gently fluff the quinoa.
- Cut 4 dates into small cubes. Remaining dates cut in half for garnish.
- In a pot on medium heat add butter and small cubed dates. Cook for approximately 2 minutes. Add oats, milk and almond milk cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- When oats are cooked add in the quinoa remove from heat and fold in agave syrup and Greek yoghurt (optional).
- Put the porridge into serving bowls and place the halved dates and almonds on top.
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Vida Downtown