A huge plus of recreating your favorite meals at home is the fresh outcome, thanks to wholesome ingredients you probably already have on hand. Say goodbye to that greasy take out and get fancy in the kitchen with MAGGI's recipe for Orange Peel Beef.
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Red pepper
- 1 tbsp. Corn starch
- 500g Beef filet, trimmed and sliced thin (5mm)
- 1 cup Corn flour
- ½ cup Vegetable oil, for frying
- For the sauce:
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Hot water
- 1 cup Orange juice
- 50g freshOorange peel, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp. Dried red chili flakes
- ½ cup Plum marmalade
- 1 tbsp. Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 tsp. Corn flour
- ¼ cup Cold water
- 3-4 medium Sweet chili peppers, sliced and deseeded
- Combine eggs, garlic powder, red chili flakes and cornstarch to form a batter. Add beef slices and gently coat all pieces with the egg mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bread the beef with corn flour, allow to sit for a few min and deep fry until slightly golden. Set aside on kitchen paper for excess oil to drain.
- In a medium sauce pan, dissolve 2 MAGGI® Chicken Stock cubes in 125ml hot water, add orange juice, orange peel, chili flakes, plum marmalade, oyster sauce, soy sauce and ginger and slowly bring to a boil. Combine corn flour and cold water and stir into the sauce.
- Pour sauce in a hot wok and stir until it thickens. Add fried beef and finish with sweet chili pepper slices.
- Serve with white rice, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- Main Dishes
- Total Time
- 39 minutes, 59 seconds