If you aren't able to fly out to Thailand to celebrate Songkran this weekend, fear not because somewhere a little closer to home has a great Thai New Year menu. Running April 10-23, Pai Thai in Dubai's Madinat Jumeirah will be serving up the likes of Phan Sib Said Poo and Gai Yang Sa Moon Pai.
The latter is a dish that originates from Laos but was once a standard staple at street markets. The charcoal grilled baby chicken is marinated in garlic, lemongrass and dried chili dressing and can be eaten with raw vegetables or rice.
- 600g Whole baby chicken
- For the Chicken Marinade:
5g Coriander root
30ml Soya sauce
75ml Oyster sauce
25ml Sriracha Thai chili sauce
3g Black pepper powder
10g Sugar white
25ml Milk Evaporate
5g Turmeric powder
- For the Chili Powder Sauce:
30ml Tamarind sauce
15ml Fish sauce
3g Chilli powder
3g Sugar white
- To create the chicken marinade, pour the oyster sauce, soya sauce, coriander root, pepper, chili sauce, milk and turmeric powder together in a blender.
- Add cooking oil, mix all the ingredients together and stir well until the sauce is combined.
- Coat the chicken in the sauce and leave in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, cook the chicken in a skillet over medium heat until it is thoroughly cooked through. Let the chicken rest for at least 5 minutes once cooked.
- To create the chili powder sauce, mix all ingredients together and stir well.
- Coat the chicken in the sauce and serve.
- Other Asian