You've probably seen emoji cookies and cupcakes floating around on the internet, but did you ever think you would come across poo emoji brownies?! Neither did we, until Rosanna Pansino showed us how to make these cute treats in a mold from her very own baking line. You've never had a fudgier brownie than this!
- For the brownies:
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
- For the royal icing:
5 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar
Lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease the swirl mold cavities.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the oil, milk, vanilla, and egg. Whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into swirl mold cavities leaving 1/2 inch at the top.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let the brownies cool to room temperature, then freeze for 2 hours.
- Make royal icing: in a large bowl, whisk the egg whites and vanilla extract until frothy. Add the powdered sugar a few teaspoons at a time, mixing after each addition, to reach the desired consistency. Optional: if you want the icing to be really white, add a few drops of lemon juice when mixing the powered sugar into the egg white mixture.
- Remove brownies from the mold and pipe eyes and mouth with white royal icing using a decorating bag fitted with a #3 tip.
- Pipe eye details with black royal icing using a decorating bag fitted with a #3 tip.
- Desserts, Brownies
- 9 brownies
- Total Time
- 3 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds