This Recipe Outdoes Your Favorite Restaurant's Prawn Masala
If constantly ordering this spicy Indian dish is burning a hole in your pocket, try making this Prawn Masala recipe from Barbecue Delights to save money.
- 1kg Jumbo Prawns
1tbsp Ginger Paste
1tbsp Garlic Paste
1/2tbsp Red Chili Powder
1/2tsp Turmeric Powder
Salt (to taste)
1tsp Cumin Seeds
1 large Onion (Finely Sliced)
100g Tomato ( Roughly Ground)
2 Medium Size Green Chili
Few Leave For
- Steam the shelled prawns in a little water and keep aside in a strainer.
- Fry the sliced onions in oil till golden brown. Add garlic and ginger paste and fry further for a few minutes till it gives a nice aroma.
- Add the tomatoes and yoghurt with all the spices. Cook until oil starts separating from the masala.
- Finally add the steamed prawns and green chilies whole or roughly sliced green chilies (according to taste) and cook on medium high for 2 - 3
minutes. If cooked for longer, the prawns will become hard.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and slivered fresh ginger and serve with hot naan or chapatti.
- Main Dishes, Curries
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Barbecue Delights