Want eat in like you're eating out without the insane amount of calories and fat that often comes with restaurant dining? Chef Ibrahim from Dubai's Mazaher restaurant has you covered.
The outlet, which gives diners a taste of Lebanon, serves up this delicious quinoa salad and it only has 27 calories per portion.
Here's how to make it.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large cucumber cut into cubes
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Gather quinoa, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 and 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for five minutes. Fluff with a fork. Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread out quinoa on a large rimmed baking sheet; let cool.
- Transfer to a large bowl; mix in 1/4 cup dressing. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover remaining dressing and quinoa separately; chill.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and scallions to bowl with quinoa; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining dressing over.
- Main Dishes, Salads
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving