- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup red wine
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup red candy melts, melted
- Combine both types of chocolate and the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. Chocolate should be partially melted. Mix butter and chocolate together.
- Add heavy cream into the mixture and microwave for an additional 40 seconds. Stir together until smooth. Add red wine and whisk until incorporated. The mixture should be shiny and smooth. Refrigerate for 3 hours, or until firm enough to scoop.
- Coat your hands in cocoa powder and use a melon baller to scoop out the chocolate and roll into quarter-size balls. You may need to coat your hands in between each truffle. Place the truffles on a sheet tray and return to the refrigerator for 5 minutes, or until they're firm.
- Drizzle with melted candy melts and refrigerate until they harden. Enjoy!
- 30 truffles