With Pancake Day falling February 13 this year, Flamingo Room by tashas shares their recipe for Ricotta Hotcake with Lime & Honey Drizzle, and Vanilla Mascarpone Crème.
- FOR THE HOTCAKE:
¼ cup of Ricotta
4 eggs, separated
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons white sugar
½ tsp fine salt
- FOR THE LIME & HONEY DRIZZLE:
2 Limes – zested finely and juiced
- FOR THE VANILLA & MASCARPONE CREME:
1 Vanilla Bean, split lengthways and seeds removed
250g Mascarpone Crème
2 tablespoon Powdered Sugar
4 teaspoon Milk
Selection of fresh fruit and berries for toppings
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Separate the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta, milk, egg yolks and vanilla seeds.
- Add the dry ingredients to the ricotta mix, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites until steak peaks form, and gently fold into the egg yolk mix. Cover with
cling film and place in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the lime honey, by mixing the honey with the lime zest and juice.
- Place the vanilla seeds, mascarpone, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk until
smooth. Place in the container and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Heat an 8-inch pan on a medium heat, and add 1 teaspoon of butter, and leave it to melt.
- Add a ¾ cup of the hotcake mix to a pan, and spread out until to cover the base of the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the underside sets and is golden brown, flip the pancake and cook for
a further 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with fruits of your choice, drizzled with lime honey, and topped with
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds