Risoni With Mediterranean Vegetables, Parmesan Crisp and Rocket Leaves from European restaurant Brasserie Quartier in St Regis Dubai looks like rice but is actually made using short-cut pieces of pasta, otherwise known as Orzi. Volia! Now you have the best of both worlds.
- 1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
100g uncooked risoni pasta
400ml chicken stock
20g grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp chopped fresh basil
1 small eggplant
1 red bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 potato, peeled and boiled
Handful of fresh rocket leaves
Salt (to taste)
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Stir in risoni and sauté until light brown.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan and simmer on low heat until risoni is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Mix in parmesan cheese and basil, season with salt.
- In a separate pan, add olive oil, finely diced eggplant, bell pepper, potato and crushed garlic. Sprinkle with salt and stir until vegetables cook.
- Serve the risoni topped with diced vegetables. Garnish with fresh rocket leaves and parmesan shavings.