Beach season is around the corner and Dubai restaurant Mazaher's Head Chef Ibrahim has a fruity salad to help kick start the beach body diet. Best of all it's under 150 calories!
- 2x packages arugula Rocca
- 1/2 medium sliced white onion
- 1 smalll bunch fresh thyme
- 1(250 gm) pack halloumi cheese
- 50gm walnuts
- 3 pieces fresh red figs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple vinegar
- 1 whole orange sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- Wash the Rocca leaves and fresh thyme leaves and put in the bowl.
- Combine the sliced onion, sliced lemon and sliced fresh red figs and add to the leaves.
- For the sauce: Mix the fresh lemon juice, apple vinegar, olive oil, salt and the sumac powder and add to the salad.
- Slice the block halloumi cheese into four pieces then grill for one minute on each side until charred and beginning to melt.
- Mix the salad with the sauce and top with grilled halloumi and the walnuts.
- Main Dishes, Salads
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 18 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving