Add some hot spring rolls to this cold Salade de Chevre Chaud dish to put some oomph in your salad.
- 150g Mesculan Mix
1 fresh orange, peeled and cut into slices
8 slices of sundried tomatoes
½ granny smith apple, julienned
A pinch of mixed herbs (chives, parsley, and chervil)
4 sheets of rice paper
100g creamy goat cheese
300ml vegetable oil for frying
50ml balsamic Vinegar
200ml good olive oil
- Lay out the spring roll sheets and place a quarter (50g) of the goat cheese along the bottom of each sheet.
- Brush the edges with beaten egg and roll up tightly into a spring roll shape, tucking in the edges. Repeat this for the other sheets.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet or fryer until 180C. Deep-fry the spring rolls until light golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon or frying basket and drain on kitchen paper.
- Once cooked, slice the goat cheese rolls in half.
- Place the 50ml of Balsamic Vinegar in a small bowl. Slowly add the 200ml of olive to the vinegar whisking constantly until you have a nice smooth dressing.
- In another mixing bowl, put all salad ingredients (mesculan mix, orange slices, tomatoes, apples and herbs) and toss together with the dressing.
- Place mixed salad on a plate.
- Arrange cut spring oils around each salad (4 halves per salad) and serve!
- Main Dishes
Image Source: Couqley