Get the Spinneys recipe for these delicious fried veggie-filled parcels.
- 1 cup potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 5ml vegetable oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp coriander
- 1 tsp of Spinneys Food Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp of Arabic seven spice
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Spinneys Food Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 packet of sambosa leaves, cut into rectangles
- Boil the carrots, potatoes, and green peas in water for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium heat and sauté the green onions and the garlic.
- Mash the boiled vegetables to form a paste and add them to the pan.
- Add the coriander, cumin, Arabic spice, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper to the vegetables and mix well.
- Spoon a small amount of the vegetable mix on a rectangular sheet of sambosa pastry and fold it into a triangle shape.
- Fry the sambosa until golden and serve hot.
- Finger Foods
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
Image Source: Spinneys