Get the Spinneys recipe for these delicious fried veggie-filled parcels.
- 1 cup potatoes, cubed
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup peas
5ml vegetable oil
1 green onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp coriander
1 tsp of Spinneys Food Cumin Powder
1 tsp of Arabic seven spice
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Spinneys Food Salt and Black Pepper
1 packet of sambosa leaves, cut into rectangles
- Boil the carrots, potatoes, and green peas in water for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium heat and sauté the green onions and the garlic.
- Mash the boiled vegetables to form a paste and add them to the pan.
- Add the coriander, cumin, Arabic spice, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper to the vegetables and mix well.
- Spoon a small amount of the vegetable mix on a rectangular sheet of sambosa pastry and fold it into a triangle shape.
- Fry the sambosa until golden and serve hot.
- Finger Foods
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Spinneys