Since its launch in 2015, Saraydan Café has become one of the favorites in the Abu Dhabi Turkish food scene. This month the café extended its Ottoman-inspired menu with new dishes including this rich mushroom Mantar Guvec casserole. Perfectly sized to feed one, we imagine staying in tucked up with a Netflix binge this evening to enjoy this one. Who says food is best shared with friends?
- 100g Mushrooms
50g Chicken breast
30g Grate Kashar Turkish cheese or mozzarella cheese
20g Tomato bunch
20g Red onion
20g Green capsicum
1 tbsp oil
Salt and pepper
- Sauté the chopped onions and peppers in a skillet for 5-7 minutes with 1 tbsp. of oil.
- Cook and stir the chicken breast slices together with the vegetables until almost cooked (around 10-12 minutes) then add the mushrooms for another 5 minutes.
- Put the tomato herbs with salt and pepper and heat all the ingredients together, then pour the mixture into a casserole.
- Add Grate Kashar Turkish cheese or mozzarella cheese on top of the casserole and put into a 200 degrees preheat oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Add a sprinkle of chopped parsley on top and serve.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds