Chef Julia from Choix Patisserie & Restaurant (by three-Michelin star chef Pierre Gagnaire), shares her recipe for an indulgent twist on fine seafood. Pan-seared Scottish scallops are smothered with the sweet Mimolette cheese from France and simmered with seasoned leeks and horseradish, and topped with bitter bites of radicchio.
- 16pcs of fresh Scottish Scallops cleaned
4pcs of Leeks
0.5l of cream liquid
150g of 24-month aged Mimolette cheese
20g of fresh Horseradish
4pcs of Radicchio or (red chicory)
1pc of lemon
50g of butter
- Reduce slowly the ½ l of cream in a medium pot to get once reduced 350g remaining.
- In the meantime, cut in four each leek then in a thin julienne. Blanch them few seconds in salted boiling
water and cool down quickly in ice water. Keep aside straining.
- Grate the Mimolette and melt it in the warm reduced cream. Add the julienne of leek, season, plate in
- Warm up a medium oiled nonstick pan, then cook your scallops 2 minutes first side, turn them , add
your fresh butter, then deglazed with your lemon juice.
- Plate on your garnish. Freshly on the top, grate the horseradish.
Finally add 2-3 leaves of red chicory with a light seasoning.