Le 1947 Restaurant at Cheval Blanc Randheli in the Maldives serves up this thinly-sliced and pounded raw fish dish as an appetizer and you can too. Executive Chef Laurent Chancel shares the recipe for his Sea Bass Carpaccio with Caviar.
- 400g sea bass filet
125g yuzu ponzu jelly
40g caviar baeri Osciètre
20g mix herbs
- Wrap the fillet of sea bass in a sheet of cling film.
- Roll into a cylindrical shape and twist the ends simultaneously in opposing directions to form a tight sausage shape – like a ‘candy twist’.
- Soak the gelatin in ice water.
- Warm the yuzu ponzu and add the gelatin.
- Chill in the refrigerator until set.
- Cut croutons into tiny cubes, fry on low-medium heat in butter until golden brown.
- Remove excess oil by blotting on kitchen roll. Set aside until ready to place.
- Slice the sea bass roll thinly, place in circular pattern as show in photo.
- Brush with olive oil and season fleur de sel.
- Slice the avocado and place next to the sea bass.
- Dress as shown in the picture, yuzu ponzu jelly in the middle of the carpaccio, herbs and gold leaf.
- Appetizers, Seafood
- Total Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds