When you're absolutely ravenous, nothing feels better than getting your hands on a chocolate and scoffing it down quickly. But this dessert from Vida Downtown is one you'll want to savor with every bite. A twist on everyone's favorite candy bar, Snickers, you'll actually feel rather classy when you indulge in this dessert. Here's how to make it at home.
- ½ cup milk chocolate (chopped bar or chocolate chips)
½ cup butterscotch chips
1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
½ cup evaporated milk
4 ounces marshmallow fluff
1 tbsp butter
½ cup powdered sugar
1 cup salted peanuts (chopped)
5 ounces chewy caramels
¼ cup full fat cream
- Line your baking pan with waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a bowl and microwave. Heat at 20-second intervals and stir each time until mixture is smooth and combined nicely. Pour mixture into pan and refrigerate to allow the mixture to set.
- Place marshmallow fluff, butter, evaporated milk and powdered sugar in bowl. Stir with spatula until it forms a soft dough.
- Take out chocolate layer from fridge and sprinkle with peanuts.
- Remove soft dough from bowl and gently spread in an even layer on top of the peanuts and chocolate layer.
- Heat the caramels and cream in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Pour mixture in
to the pan, spreading evenly with a spoon.
- Refrigerate for 10 mins or so until mixture sets.
- Take pan out of the fridge and gently cut bars with a sharp knife in an even rectangular shape.
- Place each bar in a plate and sprinkle with peanuts for the final touch.
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds