The Noodle House's Chef de Cuisine, Bayu Fidiyanto, shares his recipe for Soft Shell Crab Bao.
- 120g Soft Shell Crab – three pieces
- 5g Corn Flour
- 1 Whole Egg
- 30g Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3 Bao Buns
- 30g Sriracha Lime Mayo
- 10g Bean Sprout
- 3g Capsicum-Leek (Slice 150g green capsicum, 150g red capsicum, 150g yellow capsicum and 150g Leek, mix in container and soak in cold water)
- 3g Coriander
- 3g White Sesame Seed
- Dip thawed crab in corn flour then egg wash.
- Dredge in panko bread crumbs coating evenly.
- Place coated crab in deep fryer until golden brown.
- At same place baos in oven on flat frill for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Stuff each with one crab.
- Drizzle with sriracha lime mayo.
- Garnish with bean sprouts, capsicum-leek and coriander as per photo.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook Time
- 7 minutes
Image Source: The Noodle House