Middle Eastern supermarket chain, Spinneys, is renowned for its Grass-Fed Beef, carefully selected from farms in Argentina and Australia. Here's how to make a succulent five-spiced tenderloin with cherries and crunchy potatoes using their hero product for this month and other ingredients you won't have to venture far and wide for.
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
2 SpinneysFood Beef Tenderloin Steaks (approx 150g each)
12 cherries, pitted and halved
2 tbsp SpinneysFood Honey
1 cinnamon stick
2 baking potatoes, diced into 1.5cm cubes
2 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked
4 tbsp olive oil
Steamed Tenderstem broccoli or spinach, to serve
- Mix the five-spice powder, ½ tsp salt and plenty of black pepper. Use to coat both the steaks.
- Set a griddle pan over a high heat. Put the cherries in a bowl, drizzle with 1 tbsp honey and toss to coat. Cook cut-side down for 3 minutes then turn over and cook for 3 minutes more, until lightly charred and softened.
- Return to the bowl. Drizzle with the remaining honey, add the cinnamon stick and a splash of warm water. Stir well, cover with cling film then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Tip the potatoes into a roasting tray, drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and add the rosemary. Season, turn to coat, then spread out in a single layer. Roast for 35-40 minutes, turning halfway, until golden and crunchy.
- Set a frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil over a medium-high heat. Fry the steaks for 4 minutes on one side, turn over and cook for 3 minutes more, or until done to your liking. Transfer to a warm plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the cherries in a pan, season with salt and plenty of black pepper. Heat through and squash gently.
- Serve the steaks with the crunchy potatoes, cherries and steamed greens.
- Total Time
- 49 minutes, 59 seconds