Over 85 percent of people in the UAE are deficient in Vitamin D and if you're one of those people, what you eat is just as important as getting outdoors often. Spinneys supermarket has introduced mushrooms packed with the stuff, here's a great recipe to help you incorporate it into your diet.
- 2 spinneysFOOD Vitamin D-Enriched mushrooms, cut into thick slices
½ tsp truffle oil
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
4 spinneysFOOD Free Range Eggs, boiled to your liking
Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, to serve (optional)
Marmite and cheese toastie dippers, to serve (optional)
- Thread the mushrooms lengthways onto toothpicks, making sure that one end is still visible.
- Combine the truffle oil and olive oil in a bowl. Use to brush all over the mushrooms, scatter with the breadcrumbs then season.
- Set a griddle pan over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until the mushrooms have softened and the breadcrumbs are golden.
- Serve the mushrooms with boiled eggs and prosciutto-wrapped asparagus and toastie dippers, if you like.
- Finger Foods
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds