Craving something sweet and pretty? Spinneys' Watermelon Pavlova With Lime Cream and Mint Syrup recipe has all the textures and will satisfy you need for all things sugary. With its fruit topping, it can't be that bad, right?
- SpinneysFood Sunflower Oil, for oiling
- 4 SpinneysFood Free Range Eggs, whites only
- 220g SpinneysFood Caster Sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 1tsp white grape vinegar
- 300g watermelon
- 50g SpinneysFood
- Granulated sugar
- 1tsp finely chopped mint
- 400ml double cream
- Zest of 2 limes
- 2tbsp SpinneysFood
- Icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 150°C, gas mark 2. Oil and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the egg whites in a large, clean, dry bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk until stiff peaks form. Gradually whisk in the caster sugar until thick and glossy. Whisk in the vanilla, cornflour and vinegar.
- Spread the mixture into a 20cm diameter circle on the prepared tray. Transfer to the oven, reduce the temperature to 140°C, gas mark 1 and cook for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave the meringue to cool.
- Meanwhile, put 100g watermelon in a blender and blitz really well. Pour into a small pan with the granulated sugar set over a high heat, stirring occasionally. Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat and leave to cool. Stir in the mint.
- Beat the cream with the lime zest and icing sugar until soft peaks form, then spoon over the meringue.
- Slice the remaining watermelon into triangles and arrange on top of the meringue. Drizzle with a little mint syrup and serve the rest on the side.
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
Image Source: Spinneys