No one does a carby lunch better than the French, so we dug up Chef Pascal Tepper's (the man behind the bakery) method for making a great steak sandwich. It's goes great with a side soup!
- 1 6-cereal baguette
- 110g beef rib eye steak
- 40g caramelized onion
- 20g sundried tomatoes (1cm cut)
- 20ml seeded mustard mayonnaise
- 20g lettuce bianco lollo rosso
- 40ml pepper sauce
- 1 pc salad garnish
- 15ml lemon dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the baguette in half but not all the way through.
- Spread the seeded mustard mayonnaise on both sides of the bread.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper then gill and cook according to how you like.
- Add the steak cut in half way on top of the lettuce, then add the caramelized onions.
- Add the sun-dried tomato then close the baguette and cut slanted ways.
- Drizzle lemon dressing on top of the salad.