Try to use carrots that have their tops on for a better visual presentation.
- 2 bunches of small carrots with tops
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel the carrots and cut off the tops, leaving just about 1/2 inch on.
- Place them in a steamer basket and steam over medium-high heat for about 10 to 15 minutes until they are tender enough to be pierced with a fork, but not overcooked or mushy.
- While the carrots are steaming, fill a large bowl with ice water.
- When they're cooked, dunk the carrots in for just a few seconds to stop the cooking process.
- Place them on a serving plate, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Squeeze the juice from the lemon over the carrots.
Serves 4 to 6.
- Vegetables, Side Dishes