Hanaaya – meaning happiness in Arabic - is a bright and casual restaurant that offers food lovers a world culinary journey introducing live cooking stations with an appetizing mix of flavors and some locally sourced ingredients. For example this sticky date pudding combines the Middle Eastern favorite of dates. Learn how to make the treat served at Dubai Mina A'Salaam Hotel.
- For the Pudding:
- 275 grams dried dates (seed removed)
- 310 ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 50 grams butter
- 110 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams self-raising flour
- For the Butterscotch Sauce:
- 165 grams brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 300 ml cream
- 80 grams butter
- Boil dried dates and water.
- Stir in soda, cover with lid and leave for 5 minutes.
- Blend mixture in a food processor and leave to the side.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs and flour. Mix until combined and stir in date puree after.
- Pour mixture into greased molds.
- Bake for approximately 45-60 minutes at 180 C or until knife comes out clean.
- Make butterscotch sauce by stirring all the ingredients in a pot over a low heat until sauce is smooth and has thickened slightly.
- Using fork poke holes in the base of the warm cake and pour over some of the sauce to soak inside.
- When ready to serve, pour more sauce over the top. The sticky date pudding is served best with vanilla ice cream and dates pieces rolled in regular sugar.
- Desserts, Puddings/Mousse
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds