Chinese restaurant New Shanghai at The Dubai Mall, dishes on the Stir-Fried Noodles with Prawns recipe available on their Ramadan menu.
- Thick white noodles (5mm)
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 cup Bok choy
2 cups Chinese broccoli
1 cup black fungus
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup snow peas
500 grams fresh prawns
Dash of black vinegar
Shanghai noodle sauce
- Dip the fresh noodles in the stock for 2 minutes until cooked – remove from stock and strain.
- Blanch all the vegetables (bok choy, black fungus, broccoli, baby corns and carrots) and the prawns in the boiling stock for 15 seconds or until tender. Make sure the prawns are cooked.
- In a clean medium hot wok, bao syang the vegetables for 15 seconds to release the aroma.
- Add the sauce to the vegetables and bring to quick boil.
- Add the noodles, toss, and cook until noodles are hot and all sauce is absorbed.
- Finish with a half-moon drizzle of sesame oil and half-moon drizzle of black vinegar.
- Main Dishes
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: New Shanghai