- 12 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and divided
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon capers, drained
Kosher salt, to taste
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 pound orecchiette or other small pasta
1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, medium-diced
3/4 cup good black olives, such as kalamata, pitted and diced (optional)
1 cup freshly grated parmesan
1 cup packed basil leaves, julienned
- Add half the sun-dried tomatoes, all the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to a food processor, and process until almost smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package in a large pot of seasoned boiling water until al dente. Drain well, then toss with the dressing in a large mixing bowl. Meanwhile, mince the remaining sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes, mozzarella, olives (if using), remaining sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan, and basil to the salad. Toss to distribute evenly. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Salads, Side Dishes
- 6 to 8 servings