If you'd like to serve the dip in a hollowed-out pumpkin, cut the top off the pumpkin, about three inches below the stem, and reserve for serving. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds and reserve them for roasting
- 4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup cooked turkey, diced or shredded
1 cup mashed potatoes
1/2 cup gravy
3/4 cup stuffing
1/2 cup cranberry sauce
1 small baking pumpkin
2 tablespoons butter
6-8 fresh sage leaves
- 1 baguette, sliced, for serving
Cranberry sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the cream cheese, 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, and turkey to a pot set over medium heat; cook, stirring, until melted. Add gravy and mashed potatoes. Fold in stuffing.
- Remove from heat and pour into an oven-safe dish or a hollowed-out pumpkin and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and top is bubbly. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small pot set over low heat. Raise temperature to medium heat and continue cooking and stirring. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn. After 5 minutes, the butter will start to foam. Keep stirring to prevent butter from sticking to the pan. Once the butter has browned and you can see dark golden flecks in the butter, turn off the heat. It should smell nutty and toasty. Add sage leaves to butter and let cook until crispy. Garnish the dip with brown butter and sage leaves.
- Serve with cranberry sauce and toasted baguette slices.
- Appetizers, Dips
- 4 to 6 servings
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds