Love Yorkshire puddings? Try your hand at this traditional English dish made with succulent sausages – Toad in the Hole. Just use the De'Longhi Multifry Multicooker Extra Chef Plus (AED1,299), a 4-in-1 machine that cooks, fries, grills and bakes.
- 8 Sausages
8 Bacon slices
Thyme (to taste)
Oil (lev. 5)
- Ingredients for the batter:
130g All-purpose flour
2g Baking powder
1 Whole egg
1 Egg yolk
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
- Prepare the batter; beat all of the ingredients together until it is uniform and without lumps. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the paddle from the bowl.
- Thinly slice the onion and lay it in the bottom of the bowl along with the oil. Wrap each sausage in the bacon and lay them on top of the onions with a few sprigs of fresh thyme. Pour in 100ml of water.
- Close the lid, set the thermostat dial to position 3, press the bottom heating element button and press the on/off button.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn the sausages and cook for another 10 min. When finished, open the lid, pour the batter over the sausage, turn off the bottom heating element and close the lid.
- Cook for another 15-20 minutes depending on the desired degree of cooking.
- Serve Toad in the hole hot with sauce on the side
- Main Dishes