The Diptyque Restaurant in Cheval Blanc Randheli, the Maldives, sources ingredients not only from the property's garden but from local markets and suppliers scattered in no less than 25 different countries, from France to Thailand. Here's how to make Executive Chef Laurent Chancel's palette-pleasing Tuna with Crispy Japanese Rice.
- JAPANESE SUSHI RICE
Cooked Japanese Rice: 170g
Rice vinegar: 15ml
- RED TUNA
Red Tuna: 60g
White Sesame Seeds: 5g
Lime Zest: 2g
Japanese Spicy Mayo: 20ml
Teriyaki Sauce: 10ml
JAPANESE SUSHI RICE
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Press the rice into a square mould.
- Wrap with cling film and freeze for 2-3 hours until set.
- Once frozen, slice to make rice cake patties.
- Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- Use a slice of avocado for the perfect garnish.
- Dust sliced rice cake with tempura flour and shallow fry in neutral oil until golden brown.
- Rest on kitchen roll to remove excess oil.
- Place the marinated tuna on top of the crispy rice then garnish with the slice of avocado, spicy mayo and teriyaki sauce.
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds