This Traditional Arabic Rice Dish Is Flipping Amazing
One-Pan Vegetable Maklouba
- 1 small head of Cauliflower, washed and cut into small florets
1 tbsp Sunflower oil
2 small Eggplants, sliced
2 medium Tomatoes, sliced
1 stick Cinnamon
2 tsp Arabic spices
2 cups Basmati Rice, washed and drained
2 cubes MAGGI® Double Layer Chicken Bouillon
4 cups Hot water
3-4 tbsp Pine seeds, optional topping
- In a deep pan, sauté cauliflower in sunflower oil until slightly golden. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, sear eggplants until slightly soft, remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, arrange tomatoes slices on the bottom, layer eggplant over tomatoes, and pour half of the rice on top. Arrange cauliflower on top and place the cinnamon stick in the center, sprinkle Arabic baharat over and cover with the remaining rice.
- Crumble MAGGI® Double Layer Chicken Bouillon over rice and gently pour water over the rice to cover the rice fully. Cover and simmer on medium heat until all the water is absorbed and rice is tender.
Carefully flip the contents of the pan over a serving dish and optionally garnish top with toasted pine seeds before serving.
- Main Dishes
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: MAGGI