- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped vegetables (for the frittata seen here, I used 1/2 onion sliced, 2 garlic cloves minced, 1 zucchini thinly sliced, and 1/2 cup chopped green beans)
6 large eggs
1/4 cup milk or cream
1/2 cup grated or crumbled cheese (for the frittata seen here, I used 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese and 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese)
2 tablespoons finely minced fresh herbs (I used fresh parsley)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large oven-proof, nonstick saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the vegetables and saute until caramelized and tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the milk or cream until frothy. Whisk in the cheese, herbs, and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables in an even layer in the saute pan. Carefully pour in the egg mixture, making sure to cover all of the vegetables. Let cook, uncovered and untouched for 4-6 minutes until the egg on the bottom has started to set. The top will still be runny.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 5-8 more minutes until the top is set and cooked through.
- Transfer the pan to the broiler and broil for a minute until the top is golden brown. Place on a counter and let sit for 5 minutes. Slice into wedges and enjoy!
- Breakfast/Brunch, Eggs