Ways to Serve Corned Beef
5 Ways to Serve Corned Beef
If you're hoping to cook up some traditional Irish eats for St. Patrick's Day, corned beef should definitely be on the menu. Its association with Irish-American culture makes corned beef a holiday must, but feel free to get creative with your dish. From a morning classic to a salty, cheesy sandwich, here are five delicious ways to serve corned beef on March 17.
- With eggs. Start your St. Patrick's Day with a tasty take on the traditional beef. Corned beef hash and scrambled eggs are sure to get your holiday off on the right foot. Try the canned version or create your own with this simple corned beef hash recipe.
- On a sandwich. Stick to a classic Reuben sandwich recipe or keep things simple by adding slices of corned beef to marbled rye. A few condiment ideas: horseradish, mustard, or a layer of your favorite cheese.
- With potatoes and cabbage. Get in the Irish spirit by serving smoked corned beef with boiled potatoes and cabbage. Need some extra flavor? Add salt, pepper, onions, and fresh chopped dill to kick the savory taste up a notch.
- Over pasta. Get creative with corned beef by serving slices over pasta. Pick a recipe with an extracreamy sauce and let the meat supply a salty accent flavor.
- On a grilled cheese. With Dijon mustard and creamy fontina cheese, you're bound to fall for this corned beef grilled cheese recipe. Add just a handful of sliced sweet onion and toast some buttered rye bread for a dish you'll love year-round.
Image Source: Flickr user Jeff Kubina