Many a dessert recipe —
- Keep things simple, and add an extra yolk per two whole eggs to a scramble or omelet.
- Impress dinner party guests with crème brulée or its Spanish cousin, crema Catalana.
- Make homemade mayonnaise or aioli. Sandwiches, burgers, and french fries won't know what hit them.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with cake batter ice cream or any other custard-based ice cream recipe.
- DIY caesar dressing; this classic calls for an egg yolk to emulsify the remaining ingredients and add creaminess.
- Satisfy your inner child with a bowl of Nutella pudding or banana pudding.
- Make life-changingly-good chocolate chip cookies.
- Channel high tea by slathering the glossiest, lushest, made-from-scratch lemon curd on scones or crumpets.