Dubai Hotel, Manzil Downtown, shares their recipe for whole wheat French toast with agave glazed figs – the perfect dish to celebrate the weekend.
- 1 loaf whole wheat bread uncut
8 whole eggs
¼ cup low fat cream
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp agave syrup
8 whole figs, cut into quarters
- Cut the bread into approx. 3cm thick slices.
- In a bowl mix together the eggs, cream and cinnamon. Transfer to a shallow baking tray.
- Cut the fresh figs into quarters and set aside. Heat a pan to medium heat and add the butter and figs. Sauté for 2-3 minutes and add the agave syrup. Remove from heat.
- Dip the whole wheat bread into the egg mixture on both sides (approx. 2-3 seconds per side).
- Put a nonstick pan on medium heat. Cook till nicely browned on both sides. Transfer to a plate and top with figs.
Note: Purchase pure maple syrup, not the pancake syrup. Pancake syrup contains unhealthy sugars and chemicals.
- French Toast
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds