- Zucchini Fries:
1 pound of zucchini, preferably not the patty pan variety since they don't lend themselves to fries shape
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- Buttermilk Ranch:
1/2 pint buttermilk
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon buttermilk powder
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons red or white onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar
Lemon juice to taste
2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
2 tablespoons celery leaves, finely chopped
1/8 cup Italian parsley
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare the zucchini fries by chopping the zucchini into long strips
- Using three separate bowls, use one for the flour, use the next to lightly beat the eggs, and fill the last bowl with the panko crumbs, salt and pepper. Begin by lightly coating the zucchini in flour, next dip in the egg, and lastly dip the zucchini strips in the panko crumbs.
- Place the zucchini strips on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet. Cook the fries until golden about 25 to 30 minutes.
- While the zucchini strips are cooking, start the buttermilk ranch by placing the sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, lemon juice and powdered buttermilk in a food processor, blend well.
- Add garlic and onions and pulse until well incorporated.
- Add the finely chopped herbs and pulse until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dressing can keep in the fridge for about a week.
- Vegetables, Appetizers
- Serves 6-8 as an appetizer.