To celebrate Turkish National Day (October 29), try making Mucver - zucchini fritters that are perfect as a starter to any traditional meal from the country. Then head to Besh Turkish Kitchen in Dubai to enjoy it cooked by expert chefs.
- 500gr zucchini, peeled and grated
100gr carrots, peeled and grated
50gr beyaz peynir (white cheese), crumbled
1⁄2 bunch of finely chopped scallions
1⁄2 bunch of finely chopped dill
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
Oil (for frying)
- Squeeze the grated zucchini to remove excess water.
- In a bowl, combine the grated zucchini, carrots, cheese, scallions,
dill, salt, pepper and eggs, mix well.
Add the flour gradually making sure that the mixture stays at a
Heat the oil and once hot, take a tablespoon of the batter and
drop into the oil.
- Fry on both sides until it turns golden brown.
Continue with the rest of the batter and serve fritters at room
Serve hot, with yoghurt and mint.
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds