List of Essentials and Prep Steps
Here's what you'll need to fry a turkey:
- Classic propane turkey fryer
- Propane tank
- Refined peanut oil, for frying
- 1-2 (or more) 15-pound turkey(s)
Here's the prep:
- Twenty-four hours before frying the turkey, brine the bird in a saltwater solution. Store in the refrigerator or with plenty of ice to keep the turkey cold for a full 24 hours. To fancy up the brine, add brown sugar, orange, and rosemary to the saltwater solution.
- Prior to frying, pat the turkey completely dry. Don't miss the inside cavity. If there is any moisture on the bird, the turkey will splatter once it hits the oil.
- Place turkey, legs up, in the fry basket.