We're just going to say it; we're massive seafood fans and, if there's one type of fish that always takes first place, it's salmon. We're also massive fans of za'atar, which is why we're massive fans of this moreish za'atar salmon recipe that also feature courgette skewers and harissa sauce. It's perfect for iftar and is best enjoyed in the company of loved ones.
Ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer food halls, with selected lines also on the M&S Food app.
- • 1 tbsp za’atar
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 lemon
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 260g salmon fillets
• 1 courgette
• 100g full-fat yogurt
• 25g harissa paste
Grate the garlic cloves. To serve zest the lemons. Into 16 chunks cut the salmon fillets. Into 16 slices cut the courgettes.
- In a bowl, mix together the za’atar, garlic, half the lemon zest, olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Add the salmon and courgette and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
- Mix together the yogurt, the remaining lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- Swirl through the harissa paste, then set aside.
- Thread the salmon and courgette on to 4 skewers.
- Place a griddle pan on a high heat.
- When hot, cook the salmon skewers for 2 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with the harissa yogurt and lemon wedges on the side.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Serves Four
- Calories per serving
- 176.0kCal per serving