There's a reason why you've dreamed of living in your favorite boutique hotel — the polished yet relaxing suites! Interiors maven Emily Henderson has a knack for designing dreamy bedrooms that could rival those found at the hippest hotels. Her winning formula? Combining luxurious details with functionality for a space that feels inspiring but cozy. See the seven stylish upgrades we're loving from this bedroom makeover!
- Statement art: We love a good gallery wall, but anchoring a bed with one large piece of art can create a more polished and less chaotic focal point.
- A haute headboard: Think about the last hotel suite you coveted — it probably had a stunning headboard. If the price tags on your favorite options scare you, try your hand at this tufted headboard tutorial. Another bonus? DIY versions allow you to customize fabric and color choices at a fraction of the cost!
- The perfect pillow formula: While there isn't a set rule for the number of pillows to place on a bed, you can't go wrong with two euros, two standards, and an accent pillow.
- Stylish sconces: Sconces don't always require an electrician's handiwork. Save precious nightstand space while scoring style points with these easy DIY sconces that work for renters, too!
- Quality sheets: You don't necessarily have to splurge on the quadruple-digit Egyptian cotton set you enjoyed during your last hotel stay. Brooklinen, a new Brooklyn-based start-up, sells luxury hotel-quality bedsheets for a lot less — as in $100 a pop.
- A gorgeous rug: Aside from adding a plush layer, rugs can also introduce visual interest to a space. No need to look for a colossal option — finding a rug that frames your bed by a few feet can make a huge difference. This patterned sisal rug might be the perfect neutral!
- A console: There's a reason boutique hotels consider them a necessity. Throw a chair into the mix, and you have an instant vanity or desk that will add more function and style to your space.
Visit Emily Henderson's blog to shop the look of this gorgeous bedroom!