Dramatic Backyard Makeover
DIY Your Way to Back Yard Bliss
Jamin and Ashley Mills back yard is an outdoor oasis, now. But it wasn't long ago that the space was an eye sore and source of frustration for the couple behind The Handmade Home. With some sweat, tears, and a money saved up, they made 8 changes to completely transform the look of their yard from boring to beautiful. hint: TK of them involve paint.
Here's what they did:
- Painted the home a lighter color
- Added homemade shutters
- Painted the backdoor in cheery yellow
- Painted a graphic pattern on the concrete patio
- Extended patio with pavers and a fire pit
- Added a garden box
- Installed a pergola
- Decorated with flea-market furniture and decor
Check out the dramatic before and after pictures below, and then visit The Handmade Home for the full story.