Turn Your Home Into a Stress-Free Space With These Scented Candles
The ambient glow of a candle is enough to make me relax. Throw in aromas known to help boost your mood, and your weeknight sitting on the couch after a long day at work just got better. If you're looking for a pick-me-up scented candle, you might want to check out these scents:
- Ylang ylang: From the flower of a tropical tree that grows in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Philippines and considered to be a natural anti-depressant.
- Lavender: From the flower of the the lavender plant, which is technically part of the mint family, and thought to reduce anxiety.
- Mint: From the leaves of the mint plant historically used to treat stomach aches and chest pains.
- Geranium: From the flower the typically grows in the eastern Mediterranean and thought to alleviate anxiety.
- Frankincense: From the bark of the boswellia tree and an ancient incense thought to deepen breathing.
- Chamomile: From the asteraceae plant, similar to a daisy, and use to treat chronic stress.
- Bergamot: From a bitter citrus fruit commonly found in Southern Italy known for calming effects.
- Neroli: From the blossom of the bergamot fruit known for its uplifting impact.
- Petitgrain: From the leaves and twigs of the bergamot fruit and used to clam nerves.
Keep reading for our picks for each scent.