When remodeling your home, washing machines typically aren't the appliance you spend time analyzing, and they definitely don't fall into the "trendy" category like your guest bathroom hand towels. But this one washing machine brand is so incredible that it has it's own cult following, and you won't be able to find it a big electronics chain stores. Meet Speed Queen, the Wisconsin-based brand that's been selling these all American-made products for the last 100 years. First spotted by Money, the brand prides itself on its high-quality products that you won't have to replace.
So, you're probably wondering what makes the Speed Queen machines so incredible and here's what you should know.
- The products are all made in the United States. With headquarters in Wisconsin, the company boasts its only American-made machines.
- Where you can buy the Speed Queen machines. There are over 2,7000 independent dealers across the country, but you will not find the machines in any big retailer. However, you can also purchase some products on Amazon, with washers starting around $800.
- The Speed Queen washing machines will basically last forever. Yup, the brand's spokesman Randy Radtke said the machines he has are "from the mid-to-late 1980s." One verified Amazon shopper said that the most popular AWN432 model was the "best washer I have bought in 50 years." Radtke explained that the machines are tested for 25 years and consumers are gravitating to Speed Queen because they won't need to replace the appliance like other household machines.
- The speed of the cycle is impressive. The Speed Queen boasts a very quick wash cycle (hence the name). A load of dirty clothes in the brand's top-loading machine can be clean in just 35 minutes.
- The machines are made of metal, not plastic. While metal may be the reason for the higher prices, Radtke explains that it makes all the difference. "You're paying for metal instead of plastic," he said. "We could build a cheaper machine, but you're buying a metal product with a metal tub, metal transmission and a lot of engineering behind it."
- The reviews are outstanding. Yes, a cheaper washing machine may seem ideal when you're budgeting the appliances for your home, but the Amazon reviews of the products are just one of the many reasons why Speed Queen machines are worth it. Here's one of our favorites: "This speed queen washer is simple and does the job, over and over, of washing clothes. It's the most dependable brand on the market. When the wash is done, you can leave the lid up and let it dry out. So no mold. And as the water is filling, you can add soap to the water to get a nice soapy mixture BEFORE adding the clothes. And if you forget to put something in the load, you can always add it later. Furthermore, adding the clothes does not mean bending over, because it's a top loader. Thank you very much top-loader, you made my day."
Still not convinced? Check out Speed Queen's impressive reviews here.