DIY Tile Photo Coasters
The Perfect Personalized Gift: DIY Tile Photo Coasters
Perfect for any special day, a set of these tile photo coasters will cost less than $5 to make. The square tiles from your local home goods store makes this DIY a unique way to showcase your favorite Hipstamatic and Instagram snaps. All you need is some Mod Podge and a bit of felt to complete this fun project. Stack and wrap the finished photo coasters with a ribbon, and you've got the perfect gift for someone special. These coasters are so cute, you'll probably end up making another set for yourself.
What You'll Need:
- Four 4-by-4-inch white tiles
- Four 4-by-4-inch square pictures
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Hot glue gun
- Length of ribbon
- Clear spray sealant
- Pick up small white tiles at your local home goods store, which will run you less than a dollar each. You can also go with a colored tile for a more personalized DIY. Select pictures to use for the project, resize to four by four inches on your computer, then print. Select images to fit the special day, such as cute shots of your nieces and nephews for Mother's Day, snow-filled pictures for the holiday seasons, or fun snaps for a special birthday.
- Cut out the pictures, rounding the edges, which gives the finished photo coasters a nice look. Coat the front of the tile with a thin layer of Mod Podge, then center and press a picture to the tile. Let dry for 20 minutes, then coat the top of the picture with a light coating of Mod Podge, brushing horizontally then vertically. Let dry for another 20 minutes and then lightly coat again, sealing the top of the coaster and ensuring the photo is completely adhered to the tile.
- Cut four small one-inch squares from the felt for each tile, and use a hot glue gun to stick one square of felt to each corner of the tile. Give the dry photo coasters a quick coat of clear spray sealant, which will completely moisture-proof the finished project.
- Wrap the finished stacked tile photo coasters with a length of ribbon, and they are ready to give to someone special. Or keep them for yourself and enjoy the next time you're savoring your favorite beverage.
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Sarah Lipoff