How to Get Through Monday Morning
20 Ways to Make It Through Monday Morning After a Crazy Weekend
So you had a blast Friday, Saturday, and Sunday dancing the nights away while wearing your tallest heels and sipping cocktails — hell yes! It was a weekend for the books. Live it up, lady.
Little more kills the mood than your alarm clock blaring at 7:30 a.m. Monday. Ugh. You're dragging your butt to work, puffy eyes and foggy mind. Here's how to perk up, stat. (You do want that promotion, don't you?!)
- Don't hit snooze too many times (it'll just make you more tired!).
- Complete a jigsaw puzzle on your phone to wake up.
- Give yourself a homemade facial.
- Make a Monday morning playlist.
- Turn the water in your shower to cool (for brave folks only).
- Take a walk around the block.
- Plan something fun for after work.
- Practice yoga for five minutes.
- Give yourself a quick scalp massage to stimulate blood flow.
- Depuff your eyes.
- Make yourself green tea.
- Light a scented candle while getting ready.
- Put on your best red lipstick (so fierce!).
- Take your vitamins.
- Bring a book to the office for when you need a chill break.
- Grab a banana on your way out the door.
- Say "good morning" to all your co-workers (it'll make you feel like maybe it is good!).
- Leaf through pics from the weekend for an instant smile.
- Drink lots of water at work.
- Tell yourself "I can do this" until lunchtime. Over and over again.
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Mark Popovich