If you're terrible at wrapping presents, trust us — you're not alone. Take away the stress and follow these no-fail directions for presents that look like they've been packaged by a pro.
- Start by placing the box upside down on the wrapping paper so the seam ends up on the bottom of the gift. If your item isn't a rectangle or square, it's a good idea to find a specialty box to nestle it in, which you can usually pick up at the dollar store. Check the paper measurement by pressing the cut end to the middle of the box and then rolling it over to make sure you'll have enough paper. Cut the other side of the wrapping paper.
- Now you can check the fit for the sides of the box just like you did in step one. Cut the sides as needed. Now fold over one edge of the paper so you'll have a lovely seam.
- Tape the nonfolded side of the wrapping paper to the box, and then bring over the folded side. Secure with double-sided tape, or simply roll a piece of regular clear tape, and place under the folded edge so you'll have a seamless side.
- For the sides of the box, press down from the top of the box, creating two side folds with the wrapping paper. Now carefully bring the corners into each other, and then fold upward from the base of the box. Secure with double-sided tape or a few rolled-up pieces of tape. Do the same with the other side of the box.
- Top things with a cute bow or wrap with some decorative ribbon, and you're all set to give!