The exciting news was accompanied by a set of COVID-19 guidelines issued by Dubai Tourism.
Among the 38 rules set in place to reduce the risk of catching the COVID-19 virus include a mandatory social distance of two meters, thorough and regular cleaning of all public areas and commonly touched items, and gatherings of no more than five people.
Waterpark COVID-19 Safety Guidelines In More Detail:
- Guests are required to bring their own towels.
- The use of snorkeling equipment, water goggles, as well as ear and nose plugs are to be avoided.
- Visitors are required to wear face shields and masks when they are not in the pools or play zones.
- Thermal checks are to be conducted for all staff members and park guests.
- Children are be supervised by an adult at all times.
The announcement comes just days after Dubai officials announced that all private and public pools within the emirate could reopen.
The announcement also outlined a number of COVID-19 safety rules, these include:
- All staff, trainers, and members of the public much wear face shields or face masks, except when swimming.
- A strict social distance of two meters is to be maintained both inside and outside the swimming pool.
- All sunbeds must be covered with an additional layer of linen lining, that is to be cleaned and replaced after each use. Staff members are also required to sanitize sunbeds after each use.
- Families and groups of up to five can gather together; however, a social distance of four meters is to be maintained between two groups.
- Toys, food, and drinks should not be shared by members belonging to different households.
- Regular temperate checks are to be conducted on all visitors and pool staff members.
- A separate isolation room is to set up for all those expected of having the COVID-19 virus.
- The use of swimming accessories such as goggles, nose clips, and snorkeling equipment are to be avoided as they are considered difficult to sanitize.
- Individuals with respiratory illness or chronic diseases are not permitted to enter the pool or pool area.
- Children are only allowed in the pool area and the swimming pool under the supervision of an adult.
- Pool staff members are to clean frequently touched surfaces and common areas every hour. However, items such as handrails, lounge chairs, tables, pool noodles, kickboards, and poolside showers have to cleaned after every use.
- Showers, locker rooms, and restrooms are allowed to reopen, provided they are cleaned every hour.
- Touch-free hand sanitizers have to installed in all common pool areas.
- Pool bars, saunas, and jacuzzis are to remain closed until further notice.
- Swimming pool water is be tested, cleaned, and regularly maintained, in line with municipality guidelines.
Dubai hotels have also been granted permission to reopen, provided a set of COVID-19 safety rules are followed.