- Day 1: Fill in a coloring book. Taking some time out of your day to color has been scientifically proven to calm nerves.
- Day 2: Try breathing exercises. Breathe in and out slowly, holding in your breath for a few seconds after each inhale. Try doing this for five to 10 minutes when anxiety kicks in.
- Day 3: Listen to mood-boosting music. Whether it be your favorite playlist or an upbeat band you love, put your headphones in and turn up the volume when your worries creep up on you.
- Day 4: Meditate. Take 15 minutes out of your morning to sit in a quiet place and focus on meditation.
- Day 5: Get on the phone. One of the most effective ways to combat anxiety is distraction, so call a good friend or family member and catch up when you're feeling nervous.